Complications in Orthopaedics: Shoulder Arthroscopy
Published by: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgerons
Edited by: Xavier A. Duralde, MD
This important new resource will also help you prevent complications with a better understanding of how problems develop.
Each chapter presents a description of a specific complication of shoulder arthroscopy in the context of patient cases, followed by an in-depth discussion of treatment options, case management outcomes, and strategies to minimize complications.
Complications explored include:
- Bleeding problems
- Severe edema
- Neurologic injuries
- Failure of rotator cuff repair
- Failed subacromial decompression
- Inadequate AC joint resection
- Recurrent instability following Bankart repair
- Failed repair of a SLAP lesion
- Stiffness following instability repair
Preview sample content.